Primordial Earth is a mixed-media installation created in the DRC over the past years.
It is a loose tale of creation/apocalypse and what’s in between. By representing the landscape as a living entity, a character with its own will and indomitable power, it offers to look at the country inspired by its traditions and views its beautiful and diverse environment as the origins of consciousness and as sources of inspiration for understanding, depicting and imagining our relationship to the planet.
The project is still ongoing and was first shown at the Lubumbashi and Bamako biennials.
Installation view at Lubumbashi Biennial, 2019
“A World in Common: Contemporary African Photography” 13 May– 29 January 2023, London, UK
“Sorbonne Art Gallery” 26 September – 4 November 2023, Paris, France
“Consume by”, Arnhem Museum of Contemporary Arts 13 May– 29 January 2023, Arnhem, NL
Primordial Earth will be on show at the Oostende Museum of Fine Arts, Mu.Zee, Oostende, BE
02 July – 13 November
Breada Photo 2022: Theater of Dreams 8 September – 23 October 2022, Breda, NL
– (Un)Charted grounds, Dakar biennale from May 19th until June 21st 2022, Dakar, SN
– “Je suis moi-même le soleil” at 31 Project gallery, Curated by Liz Gomis in Paris April 2nd 2022 until May 14th 2022, Paris, FR
– The Photo Vogue Festival in Milan and online November 18th 2021, Milan, IT
– “Presence” @The Photographers’Gallery’ from July 2nd until August 29th 2021, London, UK
– “The Strangely Familiar” @Foreign Agent Gallery from 8th of July until 21th of August 2021, Lausanne, CH
– The Agprognostic Temple, May 2021
– “Extractions” @A Two Dogs Company, 24 April – 16 May 2021, Brussels, BE
– Lubumbashi Biennale 2019, Lubumbashi, DRC
– Rencontres de Bamako 2019 (winner of “Prix de l’OIF”), Bamako, ML